Monday, July 12, 2010

I am an artist, I am an artist, I am an artist.....

I am new to the blogging world. After much debate between the multiple personalities I behold I have come to the conclusion that this may be good for me. Blogging that is. I am not an English professor nor do I wish to be. So this blog will be filled with enough English mistakes to give a first year teacher a heart attack, so if this is you please stop, and do not continue. I am a artist, in case you missed that. It has taken me close to 40 years to be comfortable in saying that. Well, not 40 to be exact, since I am 40 years old at this moment. But it has taken me a long time to say that. Why I do not know. I am scattered in my art work and usually have many projects going at once. This I have decided is not working. My brain feels restless and tired at the same time. I have in the past, surrounded myself with people who drain the energy from my existence. I am sure it wasn't their fault, just a personality trait that I failed to realize did not work for me. Friendship in general is a funny thing. I have only a few people I know who I truly consider friends. Most are merely acquaintances. I have noticed many people agree with that statement but then get upset over one thing or another and totally contradict themselves and what they proclaim to believe. I guess we all do that at some point, myself included. I hope to blog about my triumphs, failures and attempts at life in general. It seems my life and it's many layers resemble very closely to the art I am attempting to claim. I am a woman who in no way promises to be the same person day after day. I am generally a happy person but I do enjoy moments of sadness and loneliness at times which may make me a little crazy. In which case I will say a little craziness is okay and interesting. I would have never been friends with Mary Tyler Moore or Mary Poppins. The sheer cheerfulness on a regular basis would have drove me nuts and frankly, pissed me off! That being said I am happily married to the love of my life. I have 5 wonderful children plus my baby sister. They are my anchor. But to be honest, I don't mind if the rope comes a little loose and I float out to sea. As long as they are their to pull me back in. Which they always do. I do this through my art or rather my journey to find my art.

2 comments:

  1. Best wishes. Looking forward to seeing your blog develop and grow. (And your art, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogosphere! I'm looking forward to reading more.

    I totally agree with you on Mary Tyler Moore and Mary Poppins. Nothing against terminally cheerful people - I know many and appreciate them, but I myself am a somewhat cynical and sarcastic person who finds perkiness a bit grating at times and can only take it in small doses ;)

    ReplyDelete