Monday, July 26, 2010

And I just thought I knew what pain was.....






It has been one week and one day since I have received my first tattoo. This is something that I have wanted to do for the last 25 years and I just now got around to it. Not really. At 18 I was poor and had no money and therefore no means to afford a tattoo. That was another blessing in disguise because I most certainly would have had anyone that said they could tattoo place a permanent winged horse (or some other object) on my ankle and been done with it. At the age I am now I have enough sense to be very particular about who and what. After much research and referrals the same person kept resurfacing. Mel D. He is an award winning artist. That was important to me. Someone who could freehand a piece and it look amazing. He is amazing and I now have a terrible crush! On his work anyway. :) He was very professional and I felt very comfortable letting him tattoo my back. We kept in contact via face book and I got exactly what I wanted. I will be returning to add to my piece which will go all the way down my back and across my waist. I will say that it hurt worse than I imagined it would. Actually it hurt like crazy! But I found out quickly that behaving like a wimp at a tattoo convention is not allowed. I didn't mention that part. When I made my appointment he mentioned he would be in Arkansas at a tattoo convention and so I booked my first appointment with him there. It is amazing the places people have tattooed. I won't elaborate on that anymore. It was a great yet painful experience, but I have no idea how people can get addicted to tattooing like I was told. I guess we'll see!

1 comment:

  1. you are very brave! I would have been blubbing like a baby!! Thanks for the great comment about my work too, Karen

    ReplyDelete